Now that I have a blender, I’ve been experimenting with a few variations of a low-carb protein shake at home. My best iteration so far is a chocolate and banana flavoured protein shake. Here’s how to make it:
- 125 ml of normal or unsweetened soy milk
- 6 ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons of whey protein isolate
- 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 1 cap-full of banana extract
- 3/4 of a teaspoon of stevia sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon of Xanthan gum
Put all of that in a blender and chop/mix it all up. It’s actually pretty tasty.
Nutritional info: 227 calories, 6.8g of fat (4.5g of omega-3), 10g of carbs, 5g of fibre (for a total of 5g effective carbs), 31.2g of protein.