Jill emailed me on the weekend and said that since she met my challenge and changed a few lightbulbs, that perhaps I’d want to take a stab at her challenge. For those of you who don’t know, next week is officially Random Acts of Kindness week. And while I strongly encourage people to try and be kind for the rest of the year as well, this week is a chance to really up the ante a bit and see just how kind you can be to other people.
So, since it’s officially Jill’s challenge, let her know if you do anything out of the ordinary to try and make the world a better place next week. If you’re a female and you want to be kind to me on Valentine’s day, I think that would count as well.
Here are some ideas:
- Buy someone a coffee
- Share your umbrella if it’s raining
- Help someone carry something
- Clean someone’s monitor at work
- Change a lightbulb in someone else’s house!
Update – here are the random acts I have done so far (even though it hasn’t officially started):
- Bought a girl poutine at Fritz on Granville
- Gave a homeless guy (Ken) $10 near Seymour and Dunsmuir — talked to him for about 15 minutes
- Helped another homeless guy and his wife get some cardboard out of a dumpster to build a small shelter