So much to do, so little time

Last modified on December 27th, 2007

I got back home last night at around 2am and promptly climbed under my duvet for a long night of sleep. I spent the evening with some old high school friends, and invited myself into a poker tournament that was going on in the evening. I somehow managed to come in second out of ten people, even though I don’t really know how to play (which seems to always sort of happen – I won our first work tournament last year, and come in fourth out of thirty last time).

I just woke up around 11:30am here, and feel fairly rested. My stomach is clearly not impressed that I have stopped antibiotics, but hopefully it will settle itself down soon.

I have so much to do today it’s not even funny. I’ve never been that great at self-organization, and I’m sure that will be clear by the end of today. I set myself a pile of SMS text message reminders so I didn’t forget anything, but considering I woke up and a bunch of them had already fired, I’m already failing at today.

I’m just having a coffee, then heading out the door to do a pile of errands. I did a quick look at where my hotel is, and it turns out it’s not on the express bus line, which means my transit options are sort of screwed now. I can always take a cab, but since Toronto Airport is a billion miles away from downtown, I’m hoping to come up with a better option. Maybe some combination of express bus and a taxi. We’ll see.

I really gotta roll and get this stuff done, but maybe I’ll post a bit more when I’m in the “laundry/packing” phase. Normally I’d bring just a small weekender suitcase for a trip like this, but with all my camera gear and stuff, I think I’m going to cave in and check my luggage this time, which means I can bring a normal suitcase.

Update #1 – Went out today and returned that digital camera I bought before xmas. Of course, Future Shop wasn’t accepting returns today so I had to sweet-talk the manager for a while to get them to give me a refund. Bought a new pair of jeans and a new shirt today, as well as a pair of gloves for Toronto (since I have no idea where my pair is). I still have to head out and give my landlord some checks in a bit, and then maybe meet up with a few friends. My flight tomorrow is at 7am, so that means I have to get up around 4:30am which is going to completely suck. I’m hoping I can sleep during the flight, but given how much I hate flying, I doubt that’s going to happen. I’m hoping to be all checked into my hotel and ready to drink by around 3pm, but that depends on how the journey from Pearson to the hotel goes.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *