Well, it’s been nearly two weeks since the HST kicked in, and I thought I’d summarize some of the benefits:
- camping fees went up from $24 to $30 at Cultus Lake
- Gas went up about 5 cents per litre in Chilliwack
- Carbon tax on fuel went up 1.12 cents/litre
- the local Pharmacy started charging for all bags on July 1st
- a can of soda went from $1.05 to $1.15 at my favourite coffee shop
- BC Hydro’s Rate Rider was silently raised from one to four percent
Clearly this tax is on its way to causing prices to drop on consumer goods in BC.