- The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.
- The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one.
- Strange is our situation here on earth. Each of us comes for a short visit, not knowing why, yet sometimes seeming to divine a purpose. From the standpoint of daily life, however, there is one thing we do know: that man is here for the sake of other men – above all for those upon whose smiles and well-being our own happiness depends.
- It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.
- The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don’t do anything about
- It is every man’s obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it.
- There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
- It is strange to be known so universally and yet to be so lonely.
A smart guy, that Einstein.