Duane Storey is an experienced photographer and photojournalist, and has covered many prestigious concerts and events in official media capacity.
Event Coverage and Media Accreditation
This following is a list of events and functions that Duane has covered in the official capacity as a photographer or a photojournalist.
- Montgorock Music Festival, Jávia Spain, May 2018 – Press Representative & Photographer
- Mazda Soul of Motion Event, 2015 – Press Representative
- Calgary Stampede, 2010 – Media Accreditation, Photographer
- Live At Squamish, 2010 – All access pass, Matthew Good & His Band
- Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics – True North Media House, Photojournalist
- Vancouver Fashion Week, 2009 – Photojournalist
- BC Festival 150, Victoria BC, 2009 – Photojournalist for b5media
- Jessie Farrell & Friends – Photographer for JRFM & 604 Records
- Matthew Good, Massey Hall, Toronto 2009 – All access pass, Matthew Good & His Band
- Vancouver Fashion Week, 2008 – Photojournalist
- Canadian Juno Awards, 2008 – Photographer on behalf of Urban Vancouver
Duane has been thanked or mentioned in the following notable videos or publications.
- WordCamp Portland video, mentioned by comedian Stephen Fry
- Acknowledgments section in Why We Get Fat by New York Time’s Bestseller author Gary Taubes
- Liner notes for Matthew Good’s album, Vancouver
- A character was based on (and named) Duane Storey in a young-adult novel by Courtney Summers
- BraveNewBlog, The State of the Mobile Web – WordCamp Portland, 2009
- SmugMug – PhotoCamp, part of Northern Voice 2009
- The State of the Mobile Web – WordCamp Vancouver, 2008
Newspapers, Radio and Online Coverage
The following are interviews that Duane has done in various printed media, radio programs or online via blogs or social media sites.
- Online Interview – ZingSphere [Part2], June 2011
- Vancouver Open Source Week Interview: Duane Storey – Microsoft’s MakeWebNotWar in Vancouver
- Will the iPad Mess With Your Sleep? – The Globe and Mail, April 2010
- The Great Easter iPad Hunt – Vancouver Sun, April 2010
- Blogging for a Good Cause – Chilliwack Times, July 2009
- Recording on Chilliwack’s The Hawk Radio Station – July 2009
- Bloggers to Stage 24-Hour Marathon for Charity – Vancouver Sun, July 2009
- Common Sense to Shop Online Safely – 24 Hours Vancouver, 2009
- Vancouver Blogger Profile: Duane Storey – Miss604.com
Duane has been invited to several prestigious hotels and resorts in an official capacity as a photographer and food reviewer.
- Delta Grand Okanagan, Kelowna, Canada
- Alexis Boutique Hotel, Seattle, USA
The following are photographs that Duane has taken that have been purchased by media organizations or published in reputable magazines.
- BC Festival 150, Headlined by Leslie Feist and Sarah McLachlan
- Air Transat’s In-Flight Magazine
The following are academic publications made by Duane in various journals and conference proceedings.
- An Efficient Statistical Intra-mode Prediction Mode for H.264
- Multimodel Fine-Resolution Ensembles for Short-Range Forecasts in Mountainous Terrain